Friday, October 19, 2007

mscorlib: Request for the permission of type Version Culture PublicKeyToken failed.

I wrote a little database access code in vb.net that I wanted to use in another script. I was getting this error though. C:\Test.vbs(6, 1) mscorlib: Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

My dev machine worked fine. And the other box looked like it had the data access and .NET components I needed. Looking closer, it was talking about permissions. The connection string was the same and it contained the password. I decided it was a security zone messing me up.

When I ran regasm, the dll was located on a network share. That was about the only difference. So I unregistered it, moved it locally, and ran regasm again. The problem went away.

mscorlib: Request for the permission of type Version Culture PublicKeyToken failed.

No comments: