I needed to clear all of it out of my head. Get it down someplace so I am not wearing myself out thinking about it. I just kept going as far as I could go. In the end, I had over 100 items listed in my spreadsheet. That kind of caught me off guard when I saw that number. I do this every so often and it usually helps me recharge a bit. But this time it showed me how far behind I really am.
I took a bit of time to put time estimates with each item to get a better picture. The running total was just over a years worth of work. Assuming that nothing else came up, I could be caught up in 56 weeks.
I decided to take a look back at the last few times I recorded all my projects. My lists from 6 months ago and 12 months ago were the only one's I had time estimates on all my items. When I chart the time estimates for all 3 time periods (today, 6 months, and 12 months ago), it shows that my list is getting longer. Its growing much faster that I can clear items off of it.
There is no way I can take care of that list alone. I't very apparent that I either need a team of my own to tackle these things or I need to start turning people down. But now I have some data to back me up when I bring it up.