Friday, June 13, 2014

DSC Resources: KevMar_TcpPrinter, KevMar_WindowsUpdate

I put together a set of Desired State Configuration Resources into a module. I was looking for a good project and I did not see any other resources that managed printers or Windows Updates yet.

KevMar_TcpPrinter

This is a printer management resource that will also create printer ports as needed. Most of the settings are optional as long as you specify the name, driver, and ip address of the printer.

At the moment, the driver already needs to be installed on the target node. Driver management is one of the next things for me to look at after I do some more testing.

KevMar_WindowsUpdates

The Windows Updates module is a composite module that wraps together several registry resources. Each of those properties maps to one or more registry keys that relates to automatic updates

I have all the code up on https://github.com/kmarquette/Powershell with some example configurations.


No comments: